Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chaos






I did it!  I graduated college!  And now I'm about to embark on the biggest adventure of my life: moving across the country for my first job. Now I know what it must've felt like for people packing up and moving far away for college.  Though Boston felt very far removed from New Hampshire, it isn't geographically, and moving was never difficult.  Now, it's insanely hard-- things have to be shipped, and giant suitcases have to be packed for the plane. At the moment, it looks like something exploded in my room.

I still can't entirely believe that I'm making this move.  Whenever I heard that people came to BU from far away, without ever visiting the campus, I thought they were insane.  They'd base where they were going to spend four years of their lives on things they knew just from the internet? And yet here I am, doing the same thing.  I signed a three-year contract, and I'm moving my entire life in a large pile of suitcases and boxes.  And unlike people moving to college, I have no place to live, and I need to buy a car, furnish the unknown apartment, etc.  Luckily, my dad is coming out too to assist me.  I know absolutely nothing about cars, or how to look for an apartment besides creep around the internet on Craigslist and doing Google searches.

I now can kind of understand why people would make a big move like this, though.  It's like of like a long adventure.  Oregon is supposed to be gorgeous, and though it's "very rural," I've lived in a small New Hampshire town with no stoplights for most of my life.  I'm nervous, excited, stressed...basically any emotion that exists, I'm feeling it all at once.

I'm hoping it will be a good experience, both for my life and my career, and I'll be documenting it all here, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment