Friday, May 23, 2014

In the Emerald City

Now I know where Eugene got its name.  While my dad and I were looking out the window as we flew in, he said "It looks a lot like New Hampshire...but extra green."  Trees all over the area, mountains too, and even though Eugene is supposedly considered a city, there still seem to be trees and green lawns everywhere.  I have absolutely no problem with it.



Today was one looooong day.  Up at around 5:30 to go to Logan Airport in Boston, departed a little after 8am...then landed in San Francisco at around noon pacific time.  Our connecting flight was delayed for a while, but we finally boarded the plane, and rushed off to grab my many many bags and get the rental car so we could get keys to view an apartment before 5pm.  We should not have rushed, because the apartment turned out to be, for lack of a better term, a shit hole.  Extremely nasty.  Basically on-level with Allston, but since I'm not a college student, I need something much better than that.  Now it's not even 10:30pm and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.  To my body  it is 1:30am with an early wake up, so I guess that's acceptable behavior.


Luckily, the food so far has been good.  Okay well I have only had one meal here, but it was delicious.  Doesn't that calzone look fantastic? Being a bread fan, the crust is always the most important part to me, and this one was amazing.  It was from Steelhead Brewing Co. if anyone out there wants to try it.  I don't like beer, but according to my dad it was delicious.  And cheap too, only $4 for a 22oz bottle-- Eugene is definitely a college town, with those beer prices.

Another apartment viewing tomorrow, cross your fingers for me that this one isn't in a musty basement and actually looks like it was cleaned in the last two years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment