Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tracktown, USA & Midnight Work

This weekend was great.  I adopted Neville on Friday, got to watch two friends compete at NCAA track and field championships on Saturday.... oh wait,  but then I started my overnight shifts on Sunday night...



 It was sooo nice to be able to hang out with a best friend who lives so far away.  We got dinner and hung out on Thursday, then I got to watch her race on Saturday.  It was so cool to finally get to go to the famous Hayward Field, and seeing a friend run instead of just a random track meet made it even more special.

It's only been two days, but I'm starting to get used to my weird schedule...sleep at around 2 pm, wake up around 10pm, work at 11:30 pm until 8am.  This morning (night? I have no idea what to call the different parts of my day) I ate dinner food at 10am, and it didn't feel too weird until I saw the time on the clock.  Work goes by really quickly, and it's very enjoyable.  So far work time and home time feel like two separate days instead of one, but I think that will change with time.  It just seems like so long ago I was waking up last night to head to work, even though the same amount of time has passed that would've if I was home from work at a normal hour.  Mostly the my schedule is leading to wondering about important questions, such as: is breakfast/lunch/dinner determined by the kind of food you eat, or the time of day? Does the "morning" have to mean the am?

I have yet to figure out how to structure my weekends... I need to somehow make it so that I am not sitting awake bored in the middle of the night.

Oh, and the KEZI team got 4th place in a trivia tournament that has been going on every Monday for the past eight weeks!  I've gone the last three times...even last night, before work.  Going to a bar before work is just plain weird.



The trophy sits proudly in the newsroom.

And the final exciting piece of information that I almost forgot: on Friday, I got my first real adult paycheck!  It was only for one week of work so it wasn't much, but I felt very proud of myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment