Monday, July 28, 2014

Lane County Fair

I am so slow at updating my life on here.  I think I need to get with it and start taking more everyday pictures (because lets face it, blog posts without pictures are extremely boring) and adding more small bits about my life.  I feel like readers (aka my family) probably want to know about some of that too, not just these events.  But for now... an event that I went to!

The Lane County Fair was surprisingly not as good as the Hopkinton State Fair.  Not as big, food not totally on par ... although not knowing everyone I saw was a plus.  I got in for free too (work gave out tickets) so it was almost like the free Hopkinton townie night.



 Anyone who knows me knows that I do not go on rides.  Fairs for me are alllll about the food.  And the farm animals.  I obviously bought this corn dog right away because I had been dreaming about it for weeks leading up to the fair.  It was just as delicious as I hoped.  A bit later I got an elephant ear -- which is west coast for fried dough.  Not as amazing because they put cinnamon sugar on it instead of powdered sugar, but fried food is fried food and it was still tasty.

Yes, that is in fact a bunny, not a ball of fluff.


 The farm animals were super cute, but the highlight of the fair was the sea lion show.  We snagged front row seats, which would've been great except a bunch of kids who were too tall to be doing it were standing along the fence in front (as you can see in the pictures).  Luckily my vision didn't get too impeded, and I got to see all their hilarious tricks -- balancing a ball on the nose included, of course.

There was no shade at the fair... and I forgot to put on sunscreen... so this happened:


Just a solid reminder to go buy some ASAP!

I'll do my best to stop procrastinating posting... which will probably mean a lot of cat pictures, so keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment