Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I Had a Visitor!

A fairly long absence -- but with a good reason! My mom was in town visiting last week, and I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could.

Now to talk about what we did.  Even though I haven't been here long, it was fun to show off places that have become my favorite spots.  My tea shop (of course), the farmer's/craft market, my favorite antique shops, and of course my apartment and Neville.  She and Neville became best friends very quickly, and he definitely missed having her to play with these past couple days.

The first full day she was here is really the only one I remember what we did well.

It was fairly similar to my usual Saturday -- head downtown.  We got some bread and veggies at the farmer's market, and I got some cacti.  I killed most of my other plants ... so here's to hoping I don't murder these!


We also got pizza at this delicious pizza place downtown, Sizzle Pie.  Then we got Voodoo Doughnuts, because you can't come to Oregon and not go to Voodoo.  And we also just like to eat.  It was cool to bring her downtown, she noticed and cared about some things more than I've really paid a ton of attention to, so it was like I got a whole new perspective. A tourist, rather than someone trying to find their way as a resident.




Aside from that day ... well, there was a lot of eating and a lot of playing with Neville.  Where did you think I got my cat lady-ness from?



It was nice to be able to just hang out with someone, after these three months of living alone.

Oh! Quick tangent -- yesterday was my official three months at KEZI! I've made it a full quarter of a year!

Anyway -- back to my mom's visit: Nothing was better than the home cooked meals. I cook for myself every day, but it never tastes as good, and I'm always too lazy to make things that involve a lot of time and energy.  But my mom was nice enough to do that, and I got some of my favorite meals.

My mom was also nice enough to get up early to come watch my show, live.  I don't have a tv, so there was really no other way for her to see it.  She got to the studio at about 5:45 a.m. and then sat in the studio with the anchors to watch them work while the show was on-air.  It was her first time seeing how the news actually works, and it's nice that now she really knows what I do!  And of course, I let her see the anchor's view.


I'll have another post tomorrow -- all about our overnight in Portland!

If you were wondering: yes, even though it's Wednesday, I am still at my tea shop.  I knew a certain cat would be too distracting to let me edit photos and write a longish post at home! He has a tendency to nip at my toes when I'm sitting.

Tea of the day: pear green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment