Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fall Festivities

Here I am in Townshed's Tea on Saturday again.  This time, to bring you part two of last weekend's adventures.


Last Saturday I went to do my favorite fall activity, apple picking.  It was not as nice as the orchard at home in New Hampshire, but I also think that the apples ripened early this year because of the hot summer, so some were already too old and had weird brown spots on them. The orchard was also missing some of my favorite varieties, but that's probably a location thing.  And I still managed to come out with way more apples than I probably needed -- a full bucket!  I'm might try and make some kind of apple treat with some of them.



I went with my friend Carrie, who had never picked apples straight from the tree, or pumpkins out of a pumpkin patch! She's from Texas, so I guess these New England fall activities aren't as common/ able to happen.  I was glad I invited here so she was finally able to experience it!


She was thrilled to see pumpkins actually growing on a vine.  It was fun to see someone who was new to it all since even though it's fun to do every year for me, it's not new.

Back at the farm stand, I finished out my fall haul with some cute mini gourds (I made a little display on my bookshelf with them and my pumpkin) and a half gallon of apple cider.  Yum.

I think I might carve my pumpkin soon, so I can get the seeds out to toast.  Roasted pumpkin seeds are most definitely one of my favorite fall foods.

Stay tuned over here.  Soon to come: a short road race and meeting an Olympian!

No comments:

Post a Comment