Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Back on the Horse

I'm finally getting back to running again, after quite a bit of a break.  I meant to go today, but I need to put more thought into what I pack to wear -- it was in the 40s this morning, and my shorts wouldn't have cut it.  I'm going to hit up TJMaxx soon to look for some discount capris/long spandex for the fall and winter months, because I definitely don't have enough.  I'm so used to being spoiled with a great indoor facility to run in!

The slight cold has been kind of nice though, it brings me back to the end of cross country season in high school, when the back of your throat got a weird dry sharp feeling in the back, and you have that weird cold sweat.  It's been kind of drizzly/gray too, which makes all of the green trees and moss seem extra bright -- very pretty, and very refreshing after a long day (night?) cooped up inside for work.

Tomorrow I will pack better and hit the trail again.  I want to run the Springfield 800 -- the only straight 800 race in the world, apparently, hosted by Olympian Nick Symmonds -- and I don't want to completely embarrassed by my performance.  I'm expecting it to be slow, but I don't want it to be too slow.  I'm too competitive for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment