Thursday, November 13, 2014

Playing Adult

Sometimes I feel like I'm just pretending to be an adult.  Does it always feel like this? I'm thinking that it does.  Luckily I live by myself and don't have to be accountable for anyone (besides my cat) because sometimes I really don't feel being a proper adult.

"Sure, my bathroom sink is a little gross... but who's going to see it besides me? Is it ok that I'm having macaroni and cheese again this week because I'm too lazy to cook anything else? Should I really waste these pans to make vegetables?"

Sometimes I give in to the adult voice in my head... lately I've been kind of ignoring it.  Which means I'm really in for some big cleaning this weekend, and making some good dinners.  I am getting better at one thing.  I was more active and more into working on things after work during the summer ... but since my mom and Brian visited, and I decided to stop working out for the winter, I accidentally fell into a rut of just watching Netflix/on demand until it was time to go to bed.  To try and keep myself from turning into some kind of weird couch potato and/or getting my face sucked into a TV (Doctor Who, anyone?) I bought some flannel to work on a scarf, and some stuff to make more jewelry.

So that's what I've been up to lately.  Now the next step is to work on the whole cleaning and eating thing.

1 comment:

  1. I barely clean now. As an adult It'll actually be expected of me? :(
    Your adult life sounds perfectly normal to me lol

    ReplyDelete