Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Willamette National Forest


























After a difficult few days at work, it was great to get out and enjoy the Oregon fall over the the weekend.  My friend Carrie said the drive from Springfield to Oakridge was supposed to be very pretty in the fall, so we explored the drive with her other friend who also likes to take pictures.

The route was very pretty, with plenty of colorful leaves, but the best part was when we pulled over to check out a campground in the Willamette National Forest.


























It's too late in the season I guess, so there weren't any campers for us to disturb while we walked around.  It was so incredibly green and mossy, exactly what I expected out of pacific northwest forest (thank you, Twilight). Half the campground was right on the Willamette River, which made it even prettier.  I wouldn't mind camping there, and I definitely need to check out some of the hiking trails next spring/summer -- there were so many trailheads stemming out from the road we were driving down.






















































To finish off our expedition, we stopped by what Carrie said was supposed to be the longest covered bridge in Oregon ... but it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary.  Then again, that could just be the New Englander coming out, because I'm pretty sure the covered bridge in Contoocook is longer (and in my opinion, much cooler).


























Still, it was fun to check out on such a nice day.  It was surrounded by some beautiful mountains, too.

























Getting out and exploring the area is definitely something I should do more of, but I probably will be reluctant now that it's cold.  Although at least then I wouldn't be in my freezing apartment. It's currently a battle of wills between me and my thermostat ... or at least it feels that way.  I guess it's really more of a battle between my comfort levels and my wallet. It was in the low 30s/high 20s this morning though, and I still have yet to turn it on.

Annnd because always, here are some cute pictures of Neville in his favorite hang out spot.


























What a creeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment