Saturday, December 13, 2014

It's Christmas time!

I think one of the things I was most excited for about having my own place (aside from decorating it for everyday life) was decorating it for Christmas!  I made myself hold off until after Thanksgiving, but then I had a blast decorating it.  Since my morning is at night, it helps start my day off right by turning on the Christmas tree and seeing it glow in the darkness.




I have a (fake) Christmas tree, a (fake) evergreen/lights/gold ornaments garland around my curtain rod, and then I made some little holiday themed bouquets to put in some hanging vases.  It's hard to capture the magic with a camera, it's never able to fully capture the way the lights sparkle off the ornaments.  




Part of the reason I was so excited to decorate... was to take a Christmas photo with Neville.  It of course took many many tries and some leftover Thanksgiving turkey to get that Santa hat on him, and a good image.  

And even though I don't have room for a real tree, I still got to go help my friends pick one out!  


We went to Northern Lights Christmas tree farm.  It was absolutely adorable, with little goats running around to pet, and a hay ride to get to the trees! I love the smell of Christmas trees.  




Another holiday activity I've checked off my list? Decorating a gingerbread house, and wrapping my family's presents. I'm hoping that when my family visits we can make some cookies -- I'm very excited to be able to spend the holidays with them!

1 comment: