Sunday, January 25, 2015

Here and There

Accidental hiatus there.  I've been trying to at least post once a week, and I fully intended to follow through in the new year, but I took a trip to Philly, and then wasn't really in the mood to blog from Oregon.  But now I'm back!  With two posts in the next few days! 

So what have I been up to? Well, obviously hanging out with this kid:

He always looks out the window to see me when I come home from work, so one day last week I decided to say hello through the window too.  And then he smooshed his face up against it.  I'm not sure if this is adorable because it means he loves and misses me when I'm gone ... or hilarious because that's how hungry he is.


My most recent projects? An embroidery with some of my favorite Taylor Swift lyrics to hang on my wall, and reinforcing my trash can.  That green/gray square on the right is a big block of solid cement. Neville likes to knock my plastic trash can and its contents on the ground while I'm sleeping. Not fun to wake up to. Luckily, there's this totally Oregon place near me that's like a Goodwill for household/outdoor supplies.  Got this cement block for just $1.  that in the bottom and a taped trash can flap, and it appears to be Neville-proofed (knock on wood).


For food projects: I made roll-up lasagna again.  Delicious.  And the colors are also very photogenic. 

As always the weekend was way too short.  Yesterday was a good day though, very warm, and a skirt at this adorable boutique in downtown Eugene had a sale, so I grabbed up a skirt I've been admiring for a few months.  I've also continued watching the Star Wars movies.  Brian and I watched the first one together in Philly, and now I'm finishing them all up.  I feel like I finally understand so many things in life haha not sure how I missed out on these movies for so long.

Coming soon here ... a vintage suitcase redo I finished up yesterday to keep my craft supplies in one neat container.  

No comments:

Post a Comment