Saturday, February 7, 2015

Island Park

I can't believe it's already Saturday again!  It feels like the week goes by so slowly while I'm living it, but as soon as it hits Friday it seems like the weekend snuck up on me!

Exactly a week ago, I decided to check out a park not too far from my house.  There's a little blue sign for "Island Park" that I see every time I go to my friends house to hang out, do laundry, or take care of her dogs, and I've always been curious.  I was hoping you'd actually have access to the island, but sadly there is no way to get there.

It was very bare, but I guess I'll need to go back and see what it looks like when leaves are back on the trees.  There were benches near the river, so it could potentially be a nice place to read and escape heat in the summer, maybe test out the running path.

I recently did a quick search and realized just how many parks there are in the Eugene/Springfield area. I might make it a summer goal to go check them all out, who knows what cool areas I might find? Maybe something will beat out Alton Baker as my favorite. I think I like that one best because there are areas where the path has so many tall trees on either side that it feels like you're in the middle of the woods, even though you're just minutes from busy areas and the Duck's stadium.

It's only February, but it looks like spring is coming soon to Oregon!  Last week this little plant springing up (daffodils?) and the farmer's market moved back outside for the first time since November.  

No comments:

Post a Comment