Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Album Pages

I feel like I have nothing to do anymore, because I caught up with all my scrapbook pages! It's both exciting and sad, because while I'm proud of myself for doing it, I was having such a fun time choosing papers and figuring out colors, and how to embellish the photos.  At least it give me something to look forward to for after the next visit I have with Brian.

Here's a look at my finished pages! It felt like it was way more than just four full page spreads.

Cover page! It took forever to trace and cut out that US map, and it didn't help that I did it two times after I didn't like the way the first one came out.




I'm a fan of using embroidery around the edges to frame the photos.  I also really like having accompanying text to add memories that go along with the pictures and/or aren't included. I got a ton of stickers for this because I hate my handwriting, but I'm also trying to get used to that because it's quite a lot of work to pull each tiny sticker off!

Now I have to find some new crafting hobbies to fill up my free time after work. Maybe not having scrapbooking will also be the kick I need to exercise more -- I have a 5k in two and a half weeks!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh this is so so so cute! ive never attempted to make a scrap book because it feels like such a huge project, but this makes the memory of the trip so lively and sweet. And playing with all those details seems hella fun. You've got me curious to try :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete