Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Paper Crafting

Today's project post: recent crafts I made out of paper! And today I'm not procrastinating cleaning, I already wiped down my fridge shelves, reorganized my food cabinets, and vacuumed the futon cushion!

This first one I'm very proud of for some reason.  I think it just ended up looking a lot more professional than I expected once it was put behind glass in a frame and hung up.

This is now hanging above my table in my "entry way" (really just part of the living room but next to the door). I'd had another teapot and teacup artwork there, but it was kind of slapped together to fill this empty frame I had hung up.

For this project, I printed out a teapot at the desired size (shoutout to that librarian who gave me the print job for free for no reason!).  Then I cut strips out of some scrapbook paper scraps, figured out a layout of the different colors and patterns, and glued it all down! I tend to have mostly straight blue shades on my walls so it's nice to break it up with the different prints and some pops of yellow.

Second up:
My lovely idea notebook.  Because you can't "pin" an idea that just pops into your head! I realized since I'm not in school anymore, I don't just really have things to write on laying around.  I have some paper for grocery lists, but this keeps everything compacted in one place to flip through until I find the next project I want to start. It's also helpful for mapping things out, as you'll see in my upcoming post!

This is made up of washi tape and scrapbook paper.  The green basket pattern part on the left is actually stripped washi tape woven together.  It took me quite a while but I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I glued all the paper parts on, then sealed it all with mod podge to make it a little more durable.


No comments:

Post a Comment