Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Apple Picking

Fall is definitely one of the best seasons because of all the activities. Sure there are winter activities but they are generally freezing, I don't garden for the spring, summer has some fun things but it generally includes worrying that you might have a wardrobe malfunction in your bathing suit.

I also just might like fall because I am a white girl, and if the Internet is right, liking fall is just in our DNA. But I  have never had a pumpkin spice latte so maybe that makes me special?

Anyway, this weekend I did the best fall activity of all, which you probably guessed from the title of this post: apple picking.

It was a nice excuse to take a break from unpacking my boxes and settling our apartment.

Brian and I went to Linvilla Orchards outside of Philadelphia. We got a bunch of apples, and I plan on making some into an apple pie later this week.  I also got to eat my favorite fall foods at Linvilla: apple cider donuts and hot apple cider! Yum.








  There was also an area to select pumpkins. We picked some good ones to display next to our front door! Luckily we live kind of around the corner and down a little driveway from the main road, so I hope we don't get any pumpkin smashers. I don't think I'm going to carve the pumpkins, but I might open them up in a bit to make some roasted pumpkin seeds.

I forgot how much I love fall in a city.   There are always leaves crunching on the sidewalks and fall sun makes all the brick row homes look extra pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment