Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Getting back into it

I'm trying to make sure my unemployed self isn't just "eating bon-bons" all day, so I've been giving myself some activities to do besides working on settling the apartment and searching for jobs.  Yesterday, I ran for the first time in basically a billion years. Okay, maybe it was just a few months, but it definitely felt like that long. I'm very sore now.


It was surprisingly warm both yesterday and today so that made dragging myself out the door easier.  It's also nice that from my doorstep, I have a ton of different options of where I can run.  It can be in my neighborhood, I could aim myself downtown (although I don't run that far so I wouldn't get too deep into it), or down the Schuylkill River and historic Boat House Row.  The last one is a very scenic run and will probably become my usual route ... if I'm able to get myself to keep running, that is.  Winter is coming, and I tend to hibernate.

Something else I've been engaging in once again: scrapbooking! I put of that and crafts of any kind while I prepared for my move because I didn't want to have any more supplies or items to haul across the country. Now it's time to start it all up again.  I have some things to repaint to fit the decor here, and I'm slowly accumulating more photos to scrapbook.



For those of you who don't know, my scrapbook was centered on the visits Brian and I were taking to Oregon and Pennsylvania.  Now that we live together, I've decided to do things on a month-by-month basis.  That way, I can just put in various snaps that happen throughout the months into cohesive pages instead of being super specific about a trip.  I'm very excited to be able to scrapbook more often than every few months! My brand new Ikea desk is already on the way to being organized with a scrapbooking focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment