Sunday, February 5, 2017

Scrapbook Files: September/October

I feel like I really started to grow as a hobby scrapbooker in September and October. I started looking up more inspiration online, and getting back to some of the more creative techniques I used when I first started (such as sewing).  Since I didn't have a lot of pictures for September, I really tried to match it to my October color scheme to turn it into more of a cohesive layout.  

I am not generally a huge fan of orange and yellows, but the colors definitely worked for the time of year, and this ended up being one of my favorite recent layouts!  Most of the elements are from the September and October Messy Boxes.



The rest of October continued onto the next page, but I kept it consistent with the rest of the month's layout by using a soft yellow.


My most recent goal, which started with this layout, is to add more depth to my pages.  I sewed paper leaves on (as you can see in photo above) and used my mini attacher instead of using an invisible adhesive.  What I was most excited about starting this layout, though, was my old typewriter.  Laurel & Fern gave me the idea to type on vellum to add some layers to scrapbooking pages (and to avoid having to write in my terrible handwriting).  This technique is starting to be staple for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment