Monday, March 13, 2017

Scrapbook Files: December 2016

December is always such a fun month to document (I say with only two years of December experience... but honestly, I see why some people jump on that December Daily scrapbook). I think it's because of the parties and how easy it is to embrace the cheesiness of winter.  

This month was extra fun for me once I figured out my plan for the clothesline-inspired banners.  I got inspired by  this JOY banner that Laura Hager created.  At first, I couldn't figure out how to incorporate that idea since I was stuck with the square pockets on the left, but then it hit me to use a full 9x12 pocket.  I tend to shy away from those because it takes a little more creativity to fill out the page in an appealing way, but man am I glad I did this! It gave me an opportunity to use my red clothespins which go well with my "country" Christmas in my home state. 


I wish I had taken some more pictures during the month and during my visit home so that I could've made two double page spreads, but this small spread did end up capturing the month of celebrations very well.



Almost all my supplies are from the December Messy Box; the clothespins are from Paper Source; the other embellishments are from old Messy Boxes and Studio Calico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment